The EU has adopted its ninth package of sanctions against Russia. All legislation introduced by the EU in relation to the latest package of sanctions can be found here.
The new sanctions package includes:
- Additional designations of almost 200 individuals and entities. This includes the Russian armed forces, as well as individual officers and defence industrial companies, members of the State Duma and Federation Council, ministers, Russian proxy authorities in occupied areas of Ukraine and political parties.
- Two new Russian banks (Credit Bank of Moscow and Dalnevostochniy Bank) have been designated and a full transaction ban has been imposed on the Russian Regional Development Bank.
- The broadcasting licences of four additional Russian channels have been suspended. These are: NTV/NTV Mir, Rossiya 1, REN TV and Pervyi Kanal.
- New export controls and restrictions have been introduced on sensitive dual-use and advanced technologies that contribute to Russia’s military capabilities and technological enhancement. This includes drone engines, camouflage gear, additional chemical/biological equipment, riot control agents and additional electronic components found in Russian military systems on the battlefield.
- Export bans have been extended to additional industrial goods and technology, such as toy/hobby drones, complex generator devices, laptop computers and computing components, printed circuits, radio navigational systems, radio remote control apparatus, aircraft engines and parts of engines, cameras and lenses.
- The direct exports of drone engines to Russia and the export to any third countries, such as Iran, where there is a suspicion that they will be used in Russia is now restricted.
- In addition to the already existing investment ban in the energy sector in Russia, new EU investments in the Russian mining sector are also now prohibited, with the exception of certain raw materials.
- Ban on the provision of market research and public opinion polling services, technical testing and analysis services, and advertising services.