The UK has announced a new package of sanctions against Russia. This will include the following sanctions:
- Export bans on every item Russia has been found using on the battlefield to date. Goods will include aircraft parts, radio equipment, and electronic components that can be used by the Russian military industrial complex, including in the production of UAVs.
- Import bans on 140 goods including iron and steel products processed in third countries.
- Extension of existing measures against Crimea, and non-government controlled territory in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, to target Russian controlled areas of Kherson and Zaporizhzhia oblasts.
The UK has also today designated an additional 92 entities and individuals. See here for OFSI notice. Designated entities/individuals include:
- Senior executives from Rosatom (Russian state-owned nuclear power company)
- 34 executives connected to Russia’s two largest defence companies Rostec and Almaz-Antey Corporation
- Four banks: MTS BANK PUBLIC JOINT-STOCK COMPANY, BANK ST PETERSBURG PJSC, BANK URALSIB PJSC, BANK ZENIT PJSC
- 6 Russian entities involved in the manufacture or repair of military equipment for Russia’s armed forces, including aviation and navy
- 20 executives of Gazprom and Aeroflot, including Gazprom Chairman and former Russian Prime Minister Viktor Zubkov and two current Russian Ministers
- 5 senior Iranian executives in Qods Aviation Industry, the company manufacturing the drones used in Ukraine