On 11 November 2020, the UK Government introduced a new bill that would significantly expand its powers to review transactions on national security grounds, in line with global trends of increasing regulatory scrutiny of incoming foreign investments.
Join us on Wednesday 2nd December 14:00 – 15:00 (GMT) where our panel of experts will discuss everything you need to know about the newly proposed UK Foreign Investment rules, including:
- Criteria for a mandatory national security filing in 17 key industry sectors.
- When to consider a voluntary notification for your transaction.
- Risks of not filing.
- Impact on transactions that complete before the new law comes into force.
- How the review process will work and timelines.
- Implications for deal strategy transaction documents.